Friday, December 11, 2009

Old Media: The Sequel


Old Media: The Sequel
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

What: A pile of VHS tapes
Last used: I actually went through these in the summer. I started to watch the excellent PBS New York series, then went on vacation.   Others, sigh, maybe never.
How Long Kept: Uh, one of them was labeled 1/1/1991.
Why Kept: Mostly things I didn't get to watch when they were on TV...or favorite movies, some of which my mom or dad taped for me: They Might Be Useful, and Nostalgia (the good kind).   And some Out Of Sight Out of Mind -- I had them neatly packed into boxes.   (More later on my newly developing theory that storage boxes are Evil.)
Destination: Tapes to trash, boxes to recycling.

Confession: I saved a couple of tapes, parts 5 and 6 of the New York series, which I will watch (and then toss). And my favorite Fred and Ginger movie, The Gay Divorcee. (Thanks, Mom, for taping this for me in the 90s. I will toss this if I can find it on DVD; last time I checked I got no joy.)

Bonus: I'm booked solid today from about 9 until 8pm: I'm unwavering in my commitment to this practice, it really is 6:45am.   (I haven't even gotten my coffee yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment