Saturday, December 19, 2009

"M" Rocks!

"M" is the experienced E-bay-er who posted my CPUs and monitor. The monitor did get picked up, although not without some of the drama we've come to expect from Freecycle: the buyer wanted to pay cash (we agreed on an echeck, which -- if it clears, we'll receive on Monday); the guy wanted my doorman's phone number (huh? want fries with that, too?) and was just generally too high maintenance to be believed for the $9.99 sales price.

(At least we're not married to, or dating, him.)

And that's why the CPUs aren't going via Freecycle. (More on ewaste disposal forthcoming; they can't go to Housing Works.) I just don't have the fortitude, or time, to navigate the shoals of community on this one

That said, the monitor is off the premises entirely. Woot.

Thanks, "M"!

You are welcome, "A"! I didn't feel there was that much drama. I just told him no.

The "drama" is not really drama, but friction.   On some things, I definitely want a friction free transaction, where everyone follows the rules and there's no need for discussion.  Even what I call Freecycle Drama is the same thing, people who are just behaving like we do in communities.   Sometimes it bugs me:   you want the monitor, I want to get rid of it, here's how the transaction works. In the words of a key American film "No shoes, no shirt, no service...Read 'em, Learn 'em, Live 'em."

No comments:

Post a Comment