Thursday, December 3, 2009

Note to Self: Avoid Purchasing Condiments

What: A cache of condiments in my fridge
Origin: Various culinary seizures
How Long Kept: Long ago, I made a rule that I have to label things when they go into the fridge so that I can avoid any unwitting science experiments...Uh, that vegetarian worcestershire sauce has been in there for 6 years. Ahem.
Why kept: Out of sight, out of mind? I might need them? Definitely: Aaaaggghh!
Destination: Garbage

Confession: I threw some of the stuff out, bottles and all. I'm an avid recycler and composter; sometimes a girl just has to draw a line.

Confession (cont): I kept a 3 year old vegetable oil that smells fine. (I'll taste it later and decide whether to toss.)

Confession (part trois):  I ran the dishwasher with some of the stuff I did empty out.   It wasn't a full load.

Bonus: Luckily, I learned long ago to never buy the jumbo size...

No comments:

Post a Comment