Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nope, They Won't Be Useful



What:  Handful of stray plain envelopes.
Origin:  Various...probably mostly boxes of cards that came with extra envelopes.
Usage:  Almost never.
How long kept:  Ack, some probably "forever" (see "confession").
Why kept:  Might Be Useful, Out of Sight Out of Mind.
Destination:  Various:
  • Envelope addressed to my mom (huh? probably in the 90s!) which I'm going to use today. 
  • A couple of never given cards and mis-addressed envelopes:  shredder (and ultimately, recycling). 
  • The envelopes in this photo:  recycling.
Confession: I love paper and sending real notes to people, and have a very pretty box for my stationery. 

This prompts new category: Storage Boxes Are Evil. The inevitable trap of neatly ordered storage boxes?   Stuff I don't want to keep, now falsely organized and Out of Sight Out Of Mind.

Confession part deux:  I saved a couple of stray postcards and some airmail envelopes.  If you're old enough, you know what I mean: those vintage-y looking blue envelopes that were once used for international airmail.   (I don't think I've used these since a friend was at Oxford in the 80s; I guess that this makes them more "vintage", and not "vintage-y looking".)  I might take an online class offered by Mary Ann Moss.   If I do, it looks like they might be useful.   (Sigh, they're now in a storage box with my craft stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment