Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hairy, But Not Too Scary

What:  Hair Clips that aren't quite broken, don't quite work.
Origin:  I've had one since the mid-90s, the other for a few years, 2006?
Why kept:  They almost work.   (I might need them, even though I have another perfectly good hair clip in my hair right now!)
Destination:  Garbage

Confession:   While these may seem lame, for some reason they're very sticky!   (It's hard to find nice hair clips that don't have a big ugly silver metal spring as a design feature; my local mom & pop drugstore, Kings, does have nice ones.)  I had better run the bag out to the trash chute before I press "publish" on this one, so that I can't rescue them.   (What if Kings stops carrying the good ones?   Aargh!)

Many years ago, I remember reading that early yogis thought that karma was actually a physical thing that stuck to you.   (I've looked for the reference a couple of times, I thought it was in Georg Feurstein's gigantic Yoga Tradition...but haven't been able to find it.   But I digress.)   These hair clips felt this way.

Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment