Sunday, December 6, 2009

Warning: Keep This Plastic Bag Away From Packrats in Recovery

What:   Aaaargh, a really nice, large plastic bag?
Origin:   I had a comforter refurbished a couple of years ago.  (I heart the Company Store.)   This might be the bag used to return the comforter to me.
How long kept:   Summer, 2007
Why kept:   Aaaargh!   Uh, I might need it?   (Like, maybe when there's a massive giant plastic bag shortage?)
Destination:   Recycling; we can recycle plastic bags at large retailers in NYC.   Even the really good plastic bags.

Confession:   I found this in an otherwise empty box on the top shelf of my closet.  I've repurposed that empty box; it now holds some table linens I took out of another box.  Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. OH, I'd have trouble with this. When you have a musty basement, it(the bag) could hold a plethora of stuff that I know I need to go thru per this blog...then I guess I WOULDnt need the bag. If I dont need the stuff. Which is the catch-22 of all this.
    Did you know dry-cleaning bags make great drop cloths? Do you WANT to know that? (will I be banned from the blog for knowledgable things like that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using a drycleaning bag as a drop cloth as we speak! (As a result of this project, I'm repurposing some boxes I'm emptying out...the contents will definitely appear in this venue on their way out the door!)

    And I also have an actual giant heavy muslin drop cloth that I just unearthed. I bought it in the 80s to cover a sofa, shabby chic-ish style. I've since had the sofa re-upholstered and have saved the drop cloth...because I might need it? (Stay tuned to watch that baby go, too...)

    Thanks for stopping by, "S"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally graduate level for me. I have my "old packing materials" area in my office b/c 'I might need it' to pack or ship stuff out (even though I have a constant influx.)

    When it overflows past 2 giant garbage bags full, I'll take one bag to be reused by the local shipping store... but part with my stash? I'm so not ready for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to release your stash, or any other graduate level items.

    This is a no pressure, good humored and kind endeavor!

    ReplyDelete