Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"S" Weighs in: "I still love NY..."


I still love NY...
Originally uploaded by heywattsky

...NYC mugs bought in early 80s at South Street Seaport (because I "knew" they'd be collectors' items one day--Milton Glaser design, etc.) Had no idea how iconic (and ubiquitous) they would actually become. And worthless. A ping of sadness for all things faded about my love affair with NYC. As for loving Las Vegas? No dice. Bought on a trip in 1996 with one FDNY non-souvenir shopper, who humored me greatly.  Destination--garbage.

1 comment:

  1. I changed my mind and took to goodwill on the excuse that someone might really need them (yeah) and I needed replacements...& left with a treasure trove of beautiful white (with just an edging of black) mugs, well, truth be told, I got 3 mugs, and 3 coffee cups, different style but same simple B&W. Not a complete set, but then again, I have broken one of every set of 4 of everything in my cupboard. So I only invite a couple (people) over at a time. Then we all match.

    ReplyDelete