Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's A Shoe-Out


It's A Shoe-Out
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

What: 9 pairs of shoes
Usage: I don't think I've worn any of them in at least 2 years...at least two pairs of shoes were from the 1990s.   A couple were nearly new, but just didn't fit right. 
Why Kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind; I Might Need Them. (And some Nostalgia, aaargh!)
Destination: 7 pairs wearable shoes, Housing Works; 2 pairs completely unrepairable shoes, garbage.

Confession: The most expensive pair of shoes I ever owned wound up in the trash. (I would have fixed them if they were fixable...) The other trashed pair was a favorite pair of sweet preppy loafers -- often repaired -- from the early 1990s!

Confession (cont):  I saved a couple of pairs of shoes that probably should have been donated.   (Maybe I'll label them with today's date...so that the next time I look at them and see that they haven't been worn, I'll be more inclined to let go.)

At the risk of repeating myself: aaargh!

No comments:

Post a Comment