Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Did I Mention That I Don't Really Cook?

What: Various cookbooks
Usage: Rare to not at all
How long kept: Early 80's - 00's
Why kept: Might Need Them (heh heh)
Destination: I'm off to the bank.   If my local NYPL branch (across the street from the bank) no longer takes donations for their book sale, then I'll swing by Housing Works on the way back.  (Update:  the library took the books.)

Confession: The microwave cookbook from 1988 might actually be dangerous, if taken literally. Two vegan cookbooks were mailed to me by a grad school classmate who was leaving NYC. (Thanks!).  And one was recommended in the 80's by a co-worker who talked behind my back; and back in those days, this kind of thing actually mattered to me.  I think of her every time I look at this one, even though I haven't seen her since 1987.

Elizabeth, you simply must be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment