Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Old Media, I'm So Over You


Old Media, I'm So Over You
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

What: A bunch of tapes
Origin: Various
How Long Kept: 80s and 90s. (If I were older, I'd have 8 tracks.)
Why kept: Various! Out of sight, out of mind. They've been in a shopping bag in my closet.

Some are mix tapes: my brother made me a Stone Temple Pilots tape? A tape made by a friend's musician husband to sell at his gigs: he's no longer a musician, and also no longer her husband. Mix tapes from people I'm not friendly with any more -- including one tape from a person who now thinks I'm a bad person! So, Nostalgia, and not all the happy kind. And, of course: Aaaargh.
Destination: Garbage

Confession: A bunch of the tapes weren't labeled. I checked one to see what might be on it: for some reason, one night back in the early 90s, I taped the Vin Scelsa show. I can't imagine why, though I did love Vin. (I'm listening to it right now, sigh.  That's good nostalgia.)

Confession (cont.): I saved a couple that my dad made for me.

Coming Attractions:   Son of Old Media -- my collection of VHS tapes will be featured in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment