Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Guest Post: "Candy decor no more"


Candy decor no more
Originally uploaded by heywattsky

"S", reporting from the chill, but scenic, Hudson Valley:

"I have a bottle cap woman candy dish (2 bowl- tiers) with relics of nostalgic and foreign souvenir candy, all going back 20 years at least. I picked thru it like a dental technician and pulled the following: Wax lips that used to be red, faded to this Fiesta shade of yellow; Necco & Bazooka that still is sold in baby boomer novelty-shops, so not-so-special; Atomic Fire Ball that has faded to a pathetic pink; some sweet-tarty thing that has goo on it; and a pack of gum from Beijing (souvenir from the 2008 Olympics) that is just plain old Wrigleys with Chinese writing. Already this unpalatable plate is in the garbage."

1 comment:

  1. While cleaning out the top bowl (her hat) I discovered the LIKE box that I thought I had lost or tossed when I moved. So, this purging-thing has its benefits--regurgitating lost treasures and treats! Mixed blessings all around. Pass the licorice.

    ReplyDelete