Monday, December 14, 2009

Shred-a-rama


Shred-a-rama
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

What: 3-ish inch stack of index cards
Origin: When I first started my business, I used them to track my contacts.
Why Kept: The process became unwieldy pretty quickly, and I found other ways to manage it pretty well. (Well, better, at least. Not perfectly.)  Closest reason is Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
How long kept: Spring, 2008.
Destination: Shredder, then recycling

Confession: Embarrassingly, the stack of cards wasn't really out of sight. I must have moved it around in my desk area a few times a month, if only to dust.   I completely forgot what these were until I decided I wanted to use some index cards to organize a project I'm working on.

Confession -- addendum:  I probably purchased some of these index cards in the 1980s:  Vintage!  (Some of the plain white ones seem like they are a little yellow around the edges, maybe just in my mind.)  Good thing I held on to 'em, ack!  (It can't be a full-on aargh, since I actually did use them.)

Bonus: I had a head crushingly terrible headache this morning that I thought I'd gut through. As soon as I found these, I snapped the photo and shredded them, despite the headache. (And since I had a meeting move today, I was able to take an advil and short nap, which helped.   Or did getting rid of something even in the face of this minor snafu in my day actually make a difference?  Either way, buh-bye headache...in more ways than one!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment